I should be actually putting all of the stuff we have laid out in our duffle bags, but instead I have been doing some paperwork and then I ended up reading some blogs from families who have adopted from Ethiopia. I know we are on the verge of something so momentous in our lives, and I can feel it. There is a mixture of excitement and sadness. The excitement is obvious. There is some sadness for this chapter in our lives coming to an end where we are a little family of 3 with Lucy as the only child, the love of our lives. And I am also feeling some sadness for Jonas as his whole world will be changing on Monday. Yes, this is a change for the better but still it will be a very disorienting transition for him. We have been planning for him, praying for him, thinking of him for a long time. He has not, so this will be quite a shock to him.
I am soooooo happy that Lucy is coming with us. I know I would be an absolute wreck if she were staying here. I would miss her too much. Just thinking about that scenario makes me teary-eyed. I know it isn't going to be a cakewalk being on a plane for 18 hours with a 4 year old, but we will survive.
I am also happy that she is coming because she is so excited about her brother. It just seems right that we all be together when our new family is "born".
We will be bringing a laptop and I will try to blog while we are there. However, internet service is patchy and very slow. So I may not be able to update the blog. Totally bummed about that as I was totally addicted to Kari and Lindsey's blogs when they were in-country so I wanted to write my own. Oh well!
We leave Saturday and return the following Saturday. All in all, a quick trip to the other side of the world!
Not sure if I will get a chance to blog again before we go, so in case not I would like to ask for prayers for safe travels, health, and as smooth as possible transition for Jonas. Thanks so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
have a safe trip and have a happy "birthday" as a new family of 4!
if you cannot blog while there please write up posts anyway and then put them up when you can - i know i would love to experience it with you - whenever you are able to share.
Post a Comment