Monday, September 7, 2009

Traveling this Saturday!

Yes, it has all happened. Seemingly in the blink of an eye. We have been matched with the most gorgeous little boy. We passed court. And we are traveling this SATURDAY to go and get him! And Lucy is coming too! Without further ado, here he is - Jonas Samson Hartman!


That was the first photo we ever saw of him. We got the call that we had been matched with a child on June 25th. Lucy and I were at a clothing store and I was in the dressing room trying on dresses for a wedding when our agency called and left a message. I checked the message and started squealing with joy and told Lucy. She was jumping up and down saying, "It's my baby brother!" I was in a friend's clothing boutique, and she knew about the adoption so she knew what commotion was about. We all hugged and had a little celebration! It didn't seem real.


David was operating so I had to wait until he was done until I sat down at the computer with our caseworker and she told us all the information about Jonas. It was tough waiting those hours to "meet" my little guy. Kari came over and videotaped David and I sitting at the computer getting all the info about Jonas and seeing his beautiful face for the first time. The minute we saw him it was love. Our caseworker told us we would have a few days to think about the match, and we told her we didn't need any time. We knew God had picked Jonas for us, and us for Jonas. We weren't going to second guess Him.



We passed court on August 11th, so he legally became our son then. And this coming weekend we travel to go and get him. Lucy decided that she really wanted to go with us as she said she would miss us too much. And we would miss her terrribly too. So we're all going. Lucy and I got a lot of shots and she only cried for one of them. She is brave; she actually said, "I like shots with needles."


My friends have been beyond awesome in helping us getting ready for the trip. Kari's mom Janie used to be a travel agent and took on making our travel arrangements. She took such care in finding us the best flights with the optimal layovers and best seats. She is amazing and she really saved the day. She also went on a mission to find comfy shoes for me for travel and she was successful at that!


Kari is letting us borrow their enormous rolling duffle bags they took to China. She also is letting me borrow some of Jack's clothes. The clothes are adorable but it is kinda sad seeing them as I remember him wearing them! And speaking of clothes my sister Jennie gave me a massive amount of Patrick's clothes and there is more to come. It is crazy to think he used to be so tiny! And he starts kindergarten tomorrow. Where does the time go?



Brooke came over and helped me organize all the clothes and arrange the room. She is the queen of organization and getting things done fast. Seriously. And my truly amazing friends threw a surprise baby shower for me! They made a diaper cake which was soooooooo cute. And they set me up with a ton of baby supplies. The other thing they did was buy a whole bunch of little toys for Lucy to play with on the plane. They wrapped each thing so it will be a surprise for Lucy and for me.



My friends are just amazing. I would be lost without them. I do not like being the one needing help, but I know that this is just a season and I will be able to return the favor.

Ok, I have to run. Hope to post again before I go. But I will leave you with another photo of the big guy!










6 comments:

Deb @ inner compass designs said...

i am so thrilled for you. Those photos are amazing - he seems so happy and cute and I can only imagine how he will change your world (for the better of course). Have a safe trip and I cannot wait to get to know your new family - even if it is only on the net : (

Deb_in_oz

RachelC said...

He's beautiful! My prayers are with you for safe travels!

(wish my girls were that brave about the shots... we got ours last Friday)

potlaura said...

Wow he is beautiful !!!

Safe trip on Saturday and much love to you all xxxxxx

T & M Twigg said...

So very happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

he is just precious....i am soooo happy for all 4 of you! and also, i am SO happy to hear that lucy will be going with you!!!!! we never regretted taking gianna to kaz. it was a family affair and wouldn't have been the same without her there. i'm sure you will feel the same way!

i can't wait to hear more...will you blog in ethiopia??? how long is the trip?!

so excited! xoxo

Love, LindseyB on BW

Tara said...

He is GORGEOUS!

(Duckie on BW)